1 can no salt added kidney beans
1 can no salt added white beans
1 28 oz. can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 cup dried red lentils
1 yellow onion, diced
1 carrot, shredded
1 bell pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup frozen corn
4 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon smoky paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add onion, carrot, bell pepper, and celery and sauté five minutes or until onions are translucent and the vegetables are softened.
- Add garlic and all spices and sauté for another minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes, with their juices, and all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, adding water if necessary to keep the ingredients covered.
This recipe is from Healthy Lives. I did not add the cayenne to my pot. 🙂