I found this recipe in Ilana Muhlstein, M.S., R.D.N’s new book – You Can Drop It!
Her book contains her story of losing 100 pounds. I recommend the book to you if you are interested in learning about a nutrition program that really works – The 2B Mindset. The book also has some of Ilana‘s new recipes.
Nonstick cooking spray
3 medium zucchini
2 red peppers
1 small onion
8 oz. of fresh mushrooms
1 package of low-sodium taco seasoning
2 small tomatoes
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini and line slices on the sheet in a single layer. (see picture)
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until zucchini starts to brown on the edges. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Cut up the bell peppers and onion and add to pan; cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the same pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the bell peppers and onions to the pan. Add the taco seasoning and water; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Evenly divide the mixture over the zucchini. Top with the tomatoes and cheese. Slice the jalapeno and add.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.